Those who do not have hearing problems take hearing well for granted until they experience hearing loss. Hearing loss can affect many aspects of your life, including confidence, self-esteem, performance at work and more.
If you don’t hear well, you may be looking for hearing aid devices in Fairbanks, AK. We hear you! There are many ways in which hearing aids can improve your quality of life beyond merely improving your hearing.
- Improve confidence: About one in five wearers of hearing aids reports embarrassment as a side effect of wearing the hearing aid. However, many people experience an uptick in self-esteem and confidence when they first obtain a hearing aid device in Fairbanks, AK. NCOA reports that hearing aids improve self-image by 50 percent and self-confidence by 39 percent! Being able to trust your hearing will improve communication and confidence instantly.
- Improve brain function: You heard that right! Keeping your brain stimulated with sound and communication will help keep your brain sharp. Studies show that there are many associations between hearing loss and decreased brain function. Untreated hearing loss can lead to dementia and balance issues. Since the auditory cortex of the brain is affected, which is associated with hearing and memory, reduced stimulation to this area can cause atrophy.
- Improve quality of life: NCOA reports that those who received treatment for hearing loss experienced greater improvements in their relationships with everyone, including family, friends and colleagues. Plus, they felt a greater sense of safety. Conversely, those with untreated hearing loss report more dissatisfaction with their family life, relationships and even their health and finances.
- Improve mood: Untreated hearing loss can lead to many psychological health problems, including depression, anxiety and paranoia. Those with hearing loss tend to withdraw from social situations and may even perceive others as angry or frustrated with them. Hearing aid devices in Fairbanks, AK can allow the individual with hearing loss to experience the best side of life and improve their mood and mental health.
- Improve finances: Being able to hear well at work is important for income potential and retaining your employment. The NCOA surveyed income reported by individuals with hearing loss and those without, and the net income difference among 51- to 61-year-olds was nearly $40,000 per year. That more than makes up the cost of hearing aids themselves!
You deserve to hear well and receive treatment for hearing loss so you can live your life to your fullest potential and experience all the great things life has to offer. If you’re looking for hearing aid devices in Fairbanks, AK, Northland Hearing Services, Inc. is here. We deliver complete hearing care with a full-service hearing aid clinic. We provide our community access to high-quality hearing tests and hearing aid products. Our primary goal is always to provide you with the hearing solutions that allow you to continue doing the things you love. No matter what type of lifestyle you lead or what your level of hearing loss is, you deserve to get custom treatment and to be happy!
Categorised in: Hearing