Hearing loss is one of the most common health problems suffered by people in the United States. The good news is that it’s also one of the most treatable, and if you get started early enough, you can experience some great success.
Of course, to get started with early hearing treatment, you need to actually know that you’re suffering from hearing problems. This is why it’s important to schedule a free hearing test in Fairbanks, AK. You can either take such a test as part of a regular checkup with your physician, or you can schedule an individual hearing test at a separate time.
Here are just a few reasons why you should consider making getting a hearing test a priority:
- It’s quick: It really doesn’t take much time at all to get your hearing tested. It’s a painless, simple test that will take less than an hour. Then you can get right back to the rest of your day!
- Catch conditions early: Taking a hearing test will make it easier for you to catch signs of hearing loss early on. Keep in mind that hearing loss itself can be an early symptom for other conditions like diabetes or cardiovascular disease, so not only will these tests help you address your hearing loss early on, but it could also be an early pointer to other health problems that you can then address.
- It’s recommended by experts: The Mayo Clinic recommends that all adults undergo regular baseline hearing tests. These are medical professionals who stand by the importance of regular hearing testing as a means of preventative medicine.
- Prevent dementia: Numerous studies indicate that one of the more common causes of dementia is untreated hearing loss, as hearing difficulties can gradually affect the brain over time. This means that getting a hearing test done and addressing your hearing issues as soon as you become aware of them can help you prevent the onset of dementia in the long run.
- Improve balance: Untreated hearing loss also results in a lot of issues with balance, as the inner ear is important in keeping the body upright. Untreated hearing loss comes with an increased risk of trips and falls, so keeping your hearing in good condition will help keep you on your feet as well.
- Treat depression: Untreated hearing loss is also known to be a risk factor for depression and isolation. People who have difficulties hearing often withdraw from social situations, as they suffer from anxiety over not being able to hear people and having to ask people to repeat themselves. Therefore, getting your hearing tested and addressing any hearing problems you have can help you to stay involved with a social life.
These are just a few examples of some of the biggest reasons why getting a free hearing test in Fairbanks, AK should be something you make a part of your regular healthcare routine. For more information and tips, or to schedule an appointment, we encourage you to contact Northland Hearing Services, Inc. today.
Categorised in: Hearing Loss