Nearly 48 million people across the country suffer from some form of hearing loss. So, if you’re a bit hard of hearing, you’re not alone! Sadly, only about 20 percent of those suffering from hearing loss actually do something about it by seeing a doctor and getting hearing aid devices in Fairbanks, AK. Continue reading to learn why you should join the ranks of the happy patients who have been proactive and taken care of their hearing loss:
- Improved general health: Did you know that untreated hearing loss has been linked to feelings of anxiety, anger and depression, or that those with hearing loss have a higher rate of cognitive decline and are more prone to falls? You can more easily avoid all of these consequences by getting a set of hearing aids for yourself today.
- More independence: Those with hearing loss may need to rely on other people to help them communicate and navigate daily life. As you can imagine, needing help to perform simple daily tasks can be very frustrating for those with hearing loss. Though there are multiple solutions, hearing aids can help to combat this dilemma.
- Improved professional success: Not everyone with hearing loss is retired and out of the workforce. Millions of working adults have difficulties hearing on the job, which obviously makes the office a difficult place to be. Investing in your hearing health with a set of hearing aids can make all of these troubles go away.
- Higher quality of life: Both personally and professionally, hearing aids can give users a higher quality of life. Wearers can get back to feeling like their old self after inserting their new hearing devices.
Is it time to buy hearing aids?
Only a doctor knows for sure whether or not you need hearing aid devices in Fairbanks, AK, but if you’re experiencing any of the scenarios listed below, it may be time to set up an appointment for a hearing evaluation:
- Trouble hearing on the phone: Thanks to texting, verbal communication on the telephone isn’t as necessary as it once was, but some conversations are just better had when you can hear the person’s voice instead of reading their words on a screen. That can be tricky if you have a hard time hearing the person on the other end of the line during your call. Try turning up the volume on your phone, or see a professional about getting some hearing aids.
- Complaints that the TV is too loud: Have your friends (or even your neighbors) told you that your TV volume is turned up too loud? This is typically disturbing and frustrating for everyone who can hear just fine, so it’s something that you’ll want to address with your doctor during your hearing exam.
- You commonly mishear things: Nobody hears everything perfectly, but do you frequently find yourself mishearing sentences that your friends or loved ones speak to you? The best solution for this problem is usually to get a set of hearing aids, but again, this decision can only be made by a doctor.
There’s no reason to live with poor hearing! Call Northland Hearing Services, Inc. today to set up an appointment to have a hearing test and see if you need hearing aid devices in Fairbanks, AK.
Categorised in: Hearing Loss